Schneider Electric Announces Next Generation of EcoStruxure Building, the Open IP Architecture for IoT Devices in Buildings
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, announced the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, the open innovation platform for buildings. EcoStruxure Building's open, end-to-end IP architecture enables quick connectivity of IoT devices for faster commissioning and changes and provides for edge control and collaboration between building systems and third-party systems and devices. Its apps, analytics, and services layer enable advanced analysis and condition-based real-time decision-making.
EcoStruxure Building improves building value, offering building owners and real estate professionals up to a 15% premium on their buildings and up to 6% additional rental value. In addition, for developers, systems integrators and members of Schneider Electric's EcoXpert partner program, EcoStruxure Building is designed to enable up to 30% faster deployment through:
- Smart Connector framework for creating new system and app functionality
- Enterprise Central allows for 10x more scalability to easily execute site expansions
- Mobile commissioning, engineering efficiencies, and development applications for speed, repeatability, and consistency
"Schneider Electric was a clear break-away leader in our Facility Optimization Software report this year," said Derrek Clarke, industry analyst, Verdantix. "Now, with the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, Schneider Electric offers even more innovation to take building operational efficiency to the next level. Firms with complex operations that seek to future-proof their building system investments should shortlist Schneider Electric among their considered vendors."
New elements of EcoStruxure Building include:
- EcoStruxure Building Advisor is a comprehensive service portfolio designed to improve occupant comfort and asset value while reducing operating costs. An integral part of EcoStruxure Building, EcoStruxure Building Advisor leverages expert field service engineers and remote data scientists to convert data into predictable, actionable insights, driving 33% fewer complaints from occupants, a 29% decrease in unscheduled maintenance and a 20% energy cost reduction on average.
- EcoStruxure Building Operations 2.0 is enhanced with best-in-class cybersecurity and delivers a customized native user experience through a responsive WebStation and mobile apps to engineer once, deploy-all-devices and provide mobile access on the go. An Enterprise Central supervisory server enhances monitoring and control capability from 200+ servers to 2500+ servers for large and multi-site enterprises. The open, standards-based platform using Smart Connector framework enables systems integrators to build innovative applications and offers actionable insights through simple to set-up reporting and dashboards. It also includes additional IP integrated offers for commercial buildings including:
- SmartX IP Controllers and SmartX Living Space Sensors are next-generation multipurpose field controllers and sensors that leverage industry standards and IP-based open protocols for a 30% increase in engineering efficiency and 20% faster commissioning leveraging the eCommission mobile app.
"We are very excited about the launch of the next generation of EcoStruxure Building because it offers so many advances for both customers and partners to re-invent buildings," said Jim Sandelin, Senior Vice President, Buildings Americas at Schneider Electric. "It helps to extract and enhance efficiency, not only energy efficiency but integration, operational and engineering efficiency. It enhances comfort and productivity of building occupants, which is key to hiring and retaining talent. Finally, because EcoStruxure Building is scalable and future-ready with its IP capabilities, it helps building owners and developers to increase the value of their real estate for the long term."
EcoStruxure customers across North America are already realizing the benefits of these new features. Schneider Electric recently partnered with AEG and MGM Resorts International to implement EcoStruxure technology to provide energy distribution and management as well as advanced security measures for the T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas strip, resulting in 18 percent savings on power costs each year.
"The EcoStruxure platform has been instrumental in not only the design and build of the arena, but also the facility's success since it opened," said Mark Faber, Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships at AEG, T-Mobile Arena. "We do not lose any sleep over the facility knowing EcoStruxure is providing us with the flexibility and reliability we need to run an arena this size."
EcoStruxure Building is part of Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure Architecture. EcoStruxure is our IoT-enabled, plug and play, open, interoperable, architecture and platform. EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at every level, from Connected Products, Edge Control to Apps, Analytics & Services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in 480,000+ installations, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators, connecting over 1.5 million assets.