Netgear 24-Port Smart Managed Pro Switch Supports PoE+ for Voice, Video, Data
Designed for use in small-to-medium sized businesses (SMB) as well as large residential environments, the new 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2SFP ports(GS724TPv2) from Netgear can serve integrators in a variety of ways.
Netgear says that its latest network switch is designed to support dense deployments of web-enabled devices that require high-power Power over Ethernet (PoE+).
"We designed the GS724TPv2 to offer a cost-effective solution to support SMB switching needs for wireless converged networks, IP surveillance, IP telephony and IoT," says Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products, Netgear. "Even better, organizations that want to prepare for growth and buy infrastructure for the long term will find that its 190W PoE power budget provides headroom for future expansion."
Engineered to reliably support converged networks that include voice, data, video and IoT, the GS724TPv2 includes 24 PoE+ ports and two dedicated SFP ports for fiber uplinks.
Part of the Smart Managed Pro Switch family, the 24-port switch incorporates a browser-based user interface with options such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), L2/L3/L4, QoS (DiffServ), LACP link aggregation and Spanning Tree to support high-traffic SMB activities.
Netgear points out that its latest managed switch also features Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power saving and quiet operation capabilities through temperature and load-sensing fans that activate during peak usage periods.
Other features include Layer 2 options, non-blocking switching architecture with 52Gbps line rate fabric for maximum throughput across all 24 ports of Gigabit Ethernet in full duplex mode.
Netgear backs the switch with a lifetime hardware warranty, next-day business shipping and lifetime technical support. MSRP is $300.
More from Netgear on the Smart Managed Pro Switch:
Designed for Converged Networks (Big or Small)
- PoE and PoE+ Support available for all configurations
- Auto-Voice VLAN for fast and reliable deployment of VoIP
- Auto-Video VLAN, following the same concept of Auto Voice, help speed up your deployment of IP-based surveillance systems
- Static routing, helps route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping, provides advanced multicast filtering
Future-Proofing Your Network
- Solid performance with a non-blocking architecture, 256 VLANs, 100 shared ACL entries, 32 static routes, and 512 Multicast Groups
- Comprehensive IPv6 management, QoS and ACL, ensuring investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based networking
- PoE+ support on all PoE models with the GS510TLP, GS510TPP, GS418TPP and GS728TPP providing PoE+ support on all ports
- The presence of SFP ports provide necessary fiber uplinks, while dedicated SFP ports on many models further builds uplink redundancy
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support for more energy savings when unused ports or short cables
- Advanced QoS with IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - Diff Serv)
- Dynamic VLAN assignment for easy user authentication and location-independent access to network
- Auto Voice VLAN for easy development of VoIP
- Auto Video for simple deployment of IP Surveillance
- ACL Wizard for a guided tour to set up your network access control
- Smart Control Center, a powerful tool for multi-switch discovery, deployment, monitoring and firmware upgrades
- PoE Timer for scheduling the on/off time of your PoE powered devices
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy to manage via web browser-based management GUI or Smart Control Center for multi-switch deployment
- Standard-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standard-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
CE Pro magazine is the leading trade publication for professionals involved in the custom electronics business. Our readers specify and sell technology-related products to homeowners, home builders and SMB owners.